- To unlock a phone from T-Mobile, you need to check if your device meets the eligibility criteria.
- T-Mobile will remotely unlock eligible devices within two business days of meeting the requirements.
- Android users can unlock their phone in the Settings app, while iPhone users need to contact T-Mobile.
Are you thinking of switching your T-Mobile phone to a new carrier?
If so, there are a few hoops you may need to jump through, depending on your phone and plan. Don’t worry though – as long as you meet the eligibility criteria, it shouldn’t be too much of a hassle.
Below are all the requirements and steps you’ll need to unlock your T-Mobile iOS or Android phone and plan.
How to unlock a phone from T-Mobile
There are several requirements you may need to meet for eligibility, depending on how you purchased your phone.
Requirements to unlock any phone from T-Mobile
- Your phone must be purchased from T-Mobile.
- The phone cannot be reported lost or stolen.
- Your account with T-Mobile must be paid in full and in good standing with no fraudulent activity.
Requirements to unlock a postpaid T-Mobile phone
- Your account must be fully paid off, including any payments for the device.
- Your device must be active for at least 40 days on T-Mobile’s network.
- If the account the device is associated with is canceled, it must have a zero balance.
Requirements to unlock a prepaid T-Mobile phone
- The device must be active on a T-Mobile network for one year.
- If the device hasn’t been active for a year, each active line on the account must have had over $100 in refills since activating the account, and the device must be 14 days past its date of purchase.
- You haven’t requested more than two device unlocks within a year.
Note: For postpaid and prepaid phones, T-Mobile may ask for proof of purchase or information about your account to grant eligibility.
Does T-Mobile automatically unlock eligible phones?
If your phone supports remote unlocking and meets the requirements mentioned above, then yes, T-Mobile will unlock it automatically within two business days.
However, if your device doesn’t support remote unlocking but meets the unlocking criteria, T-Mobile will send a notification with the next steps to take. You can expect the notification within two business days of your device becoming eligible.
How to unlock an iPhone on T-Mobile
Once you’ve met all the eligibility requirements, you can start the unlocking process your self by contacting T-Mobile in order to submit a form to unlock your phone.
Quick tip: If the phone is already unlocked, T-Mobile’s site offers a guide for using the phone with other carriers.
How to unlock an Android phone on T-Mobile
The process will vary slightly depending on your phone’s manufacturer, but you need to connect your device to the internet or T-Mobile network.
You will first need to head to the Settings app on your device and then follow the steps below.
- On Samsung phones, Tap Connections, then More Connection Settings, and select Network Unlock.
- On OnePlus phones, Tap Wi-Fi & internet, then SIM & network, and select Advanced or Network Unlock.
- On LG phones, tap Network & internet, then Mobile networks, then Network unlock, and select Continue.
- On a T-Mobile Revvlry phone, tap Network & Internet, then Mobile network, then Advanced, and select Network Unlock.
Next, on any device, select Permanent Unlock to unlock the phone. Then restart your device.
Unlocking an Android through T-Mobile’s Device Unlock app
T-Mobile customers with an Android 7 device or newer can request a code that unlocks your phone through the Device Unlock app from T-Mobile. This application only works on select supported devices and is already installed on the phone.
To check if your device can use the Device Unlock app, go to T-Mobile’s Devices page in a web browser, search for your device, and select it from the list of device images that appear as you type.
Search for the name of your device and select it from the resulting list.
Ron Lyons, Jr./Insider
On the page for your device, scroll down to the How Tos section, click Security, and then select Mobile Device Unlock from the dropdown menu for further instructions on unlocking your device.
If your device lacks a Mobile Device Unlock option on that page, it may be ineligible to use the Device Unlock app. In that case, you should contact T-Mobile for further instructions.
Military personnel exclusions for unlocking a T-Mobile phone
Regardless of the type of phone you have, if you’re an active military personnel you can have your phone unlocked at any time as long as the account is in good standing and you have documentation to confirm your deployment. T-Mobile asks that you contact them to assist you with the unlocking process.