- Stop this hysteria, and stop scapegoating Peter Strzok.
The political attitudes, and expressing them, on the part of the FBI agent, might or might not be ethical, depending on the circumstances (office email to a colleague and lover probably is not), but it is not a crime. Mr. Mueller’s move to remove Strzok was correct and timely, but do not read in this move more than it contains. The issue that is much more serious, and in demand of the serious and deep investigation, is:
What was the state of the U.S. Counterintelligence Service during the Obama Administration, and specifically around the Elections time? Mr. Strzok, as reported, was in the position of the Deputy Chief of the FBI Counterintelligence for the Russian Affairs, he was the main nerve center through whom the information, concepts, strategy, and tactics were flowing. Was the situation around that time assessed correctly? This is the question of the adequate competence, which is very different from all the other possibly related or unrelated issues. All these issues have to be examined and assessed, the mistakes have to be determined, studied and analyzed, to minimize their chances to be repeated again.
Stop your vicious attacks on Mrs. Clinton. My impression is (and I wrote about this in my blogs earlier, and I think, other people did mention this too) that
- Hillary Clinton “hacked emails affair” was a diversion,
designed and implemented by the same actors who engaged in the “Trump election affair”, with the purposes of diverting the focus of attention, human and other resources, etc., etc., from Trump affair. If we consider and accept this possibility (which might be a signature style of the hostile intelligence service), then many other aspects appear to fall in their places in this big picture.
The matters, issues, and the questions about Peter Strzok and his activities (or lack of them, or their misdirection) are not his choice of words describing Mrs. Clinton’s attitude, which he recommended to Mr. Comey (“extreme carelessness” instead of “gross negligence”), but his ability to be on the top of the situation, with the adequate understanding and reading of the players involved, their motivations, their rules of the game, their ultimate goals, etc., etc..
- That is why the calls for the full and urgent FBI and their services investigations on the part of the Congress are completely justified. We have to understand what went wrong in order to do it right in the future.
Politicization is a double-edged sword. It has to be recognized and avoided equally on both sides: conservative and liberal, republican and democratic. The institutions, traditions, culture are the cornerstones of stability in the face of the ongoing political onslaught of populism and the relative extremes of the “far right” or the “far left”, for the lack of the better terms. The FBI and the other institutions have to avoid these political extremes and to stay centered, as their new Director, Mr. Wray, suggested in his letter to the FBI employees. This organization has deep, severe, and the long-standing problems. In order to be corrected, the nature of these problems has to be understood and diagnosed correctly.
- Another aspect is the connection between the current “Trump affair” and 9/11,
not just as an issue of inability to see and prevent them, but as the possible single causal chain, perpetuated by the same or the simular kind of actors. The follow-up on 9/11 investigation, or the review, conducted by the FBI, cannot be considered adequate, despite the many good and valid points, dispersed in the text of this report, on which I wrote about earlier also.
Mr. Mueller, Mr. Comey, Mr. Wray, and the other relevant persons involved: Do not protect the FBI needlessly. It is counterproductive. The FBI has to be investigated to the utmost depth, to the bone, to the raw, painful, and ugly truth, and all of it. And the facts and conjectures have to be shared with the public. The FBI is deteriorating and degenerating in front of our eyes, and the signs of it abound. The in-depth reassessment is needed, if we want this organization to survive and to revitalize. It is not the exaggeration to add that this is the matter of survival of America herself, as we know it.
- Investigate the investigators! Save America! Reform the FBI now!
Michael Novakhov – My Bullet Points
| 5:44 AM 12/7/2017 – Peter Strzok – News Review: On Strzok, Let’s Wait for the Evidence – National Review | A special counsel needs to investigate the FBI and Justice Department. Now.
Are you serious, Mr. Wray?!
FBI Director Defends Bureau’s ‘Brave Men And Women’ After Trump Twitter Attack:
“There is no finer institution than the FBI, Director Chris Wray told Congress.
|Saved Stories – None|
|FBI Director Defends Bureau’s ‘Brave Men And Women’ After Trump Twitter Attack|
|‘Worst password offenders’ of 2017 include Trump, Republican Party – Metro US|
|FBI director counters Trump’s attacks on his agency – WTOP|
WATCH: FBI director Christopher Wray testifies before House committee – New York Daily News | Lawmakers press FBI on alleged bias in Clinton, Trump cases – Reuters | FBI Director Defends Bureau’s ‘Brave Men And Women’ After Trump Twitter Attack |
Michael Novakhov – My Bullet Points
- 1:43 PM 12/7/2017 – WATCH: FBI director Christopher Wray testifies before House committee – New York Daily News | Lawmakers press FBI on alleged bias in Clinton, Trump cases – Reuters | FBI Director Defends Bureau’s ‘Brave Men And Women’ After Trump Twitter Attack | December 7, 2017
- 1:36 PM 12/7/2017 – Are you serious, Mr. Wray?! – “FBI Director Defends Bureau’s ‘Brave Men And Women’ After Trump Twitter Attack: “There is no finer institution than the FBI, Director Chris Wray told Congress.”December 7, 2017
- 10:49 AM 12/7/2017 – FBI director heads to Hill after Trump’s attacks on agency – San Francisco ChronicleDecember 7, 2017
- 9:06 AM 12/7/2017 – Trump’s attacks put new FBI director in tough spot – Seattle TimesDecember 7, 2017
- 7:56 AM 12/7/2017 – FBI’s Crisis and Peter Strzok – My Bullet Points – by Michael NovakhovDecember 7, 2017
- 5:46 PM 12/6/2017 – The FBI’s constant bungling is an American embarrassment | TheHillDecember 6, 2017
- 5:23 PM 12/6/2017 – FBI and DOJ have Been Under Investigation Since January American LensDecember 6, 2017
- 11:53 AM 12/6/2017 – FBI Increasingly Politicized Under Comey and MuellerDecember 6, 2017
- 10:37 AM 12/6/2017 – Counterterrorism expert named to lead FBI in Indianapolis – Kokomo TribuneDecember 6, 2017
- 6:52 AM 12/6/2017 – Obstruction of Justice was Coming from Inside the FBI – FrontPage MagazineDecember 6, 2017
- 9:04 AM 12/5/2017 – Saved Stories: Recent Searches December 2017 | Trump Has Now Urged Seven Officials…December 5, 2017
- 8:34 AM 12/5/2017 – Mueller reportedly subpoenaed Deutsche Bank for information on Trump and his family – Business Insider | Director Defends F.B.I. After Trump Says Bureau Is in TattersDecember 5, 2017
- 8:27 AM 12/5/2017 – Saved Stories: Trump to FBI: Losers!December 5, 2017
- 7:37 AM 12/5/2017 – Mike Nova’s Shared NewsLinks: Law enforcement officials warily eye White House as Trump criticizes FBI – Washington PostDecember 5, 2017
- 7:18 AM 12/5/2017 – Saved Stories: ‘Keep calm and tackle hard’December 5, 2017
- 3:38 AM 12/5/2017 – “Out Of Control” FBI Considers Itself Above The Law, Threat To Every American | A special counsel needs to investigate the FBI and Justice Department. Now. – The Washington PostDecember 5, 2017
- 10:55 AM 12/4/2017 – Michael Flynn Investigation Sparks Concern About a Politicized FBI – LifeZetteDecember 4, 2017
- 8:47 AM 12/4/2017 – Dear Mr. Clapper…December 4, 2017
- 5:52 AM 12/4/2017 – Trump: FBI’s reputation in tatters – The HillDecember 4, 2017
- We do need the comprehensive, in-depth, objective investigation, reassessment, and reevaluation of the FBI – M.N.December 4, 2017
7:56 AM 12/7/2017 – FBI’s Crisis and Peter Strzok – My Bullet Points – by Michael Novakhov
Five Things to Know About Anti-Trump FBI Agent Peter Strzok http://bit.ly/2ixKNpN via @BreitbartNews
Five Things to Know About Anti-Trump FBI Agent Peter Strzok
Robert Mueller’s Russia probe is under scrutiny after it was revealed that he dismissed investigator Peter Strzok for anti-Trump texts.
On Strzok, Let’s Wait for the Evidence
Mike Nova’s Shared NewsLinks
|Mike Nova’s Shared NewsLinks|
|Peter Strzok – Google Search|
On Strzok, Let’s Wait for the Evidence
National Review–12 hours ago
I’m taking a “wait and see” attitude on FBI agent Peter Strzok, who is now enmeshed in a political storm involving both the Clinton and the Trump investigations. You know why? Well . . . it’s because I can’t stand the Clintons. What difference does that make? Well, because I didn’t like them any better in 2001.
Tucker Carlson: “Out Of Control” FBI Considers Itself Above The Law …
RealClearPolitics–Dec 4, 2017
The FBI’s Forrest Gump: Agent fired from Mueller probe for sending …
Daily Mail–Dec 5, 2017
A special counsel needs to investigate the FBI and Justice …
Opinion–Washington Post–Dec 4, 2017
Anti-Trump bias exposed in Mueller probe
In-Depth–Fox News–15 hours ago
Cohen: Smoking gun of FBI’s bias
Opinion–Boston Herald–Dec 4, 2017