- The Russian Ministry of Protection (MoD) escalated statements of Russian territorial gains in Donetsk Oblast on November 13 and 14, most likely to emphasize that Russian forces are intensifying operations in Donetsk Oblast subsequent their withdrawal from the suitable bank of Kherson Oblast.
- Russian milbloggers seized on Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky’s November 14 go to to Kherson Metropolis to criticize Russian navy capacity more substantively than in past times during the Russian withdrawal from the right financial institution of Kherson Oblast.
- Wagner Team financier Yevgeniy Prigozhin proceeds to establish himself as a highly independent, Stalinist warlord in Russia, turning out to be an even much more distinguished figure within the nationalist professional-war neighborhood.
- Ukrainian forces ongoing counteroffensive functions on the Svatove-Kreminna line and clashed with Russian troops in close proximity to Bilohorivka.
- Russian forces unsuccessfully attempted to get back positions in northeastern Kharkiv Oblast.
- Russian forces intensified offensive operations in Donetsk Oblast and claimed to have attained territory about Bakhmut and southwest of Donetsk City.
- Russian resources claimed that Ukrainian troops released an unsuccessful raid on to the Kinburn Spit.
- Russian President Vladimir Putin signed supplemental decrees refining mobilization protocols and increasing navy recruitment provisions, likely in an ongoing hard work to reinforce Russian war initiatives.
- Russian occupation officers continued to generate the “evacuation” and forced relocation of people in occupied territories and took initiatives to transfer profession features farther from the Dnipro River.
The Russian Ministry of Defense (MoD) escalated claims of Russian territorial gains in Donetsk Oblast on November 13 and 14, probably to emphasize that Russian forces are intensifying operations in Donetsk Oblast adhering to withdrawal from the right bank of Kherson Oblast. The Russian MoD claimed that Russian forces finished the seize of Mayorsk (20km south of Bakhmut) on November 13 and of Pavlivka (45km southwest of Donetsk Town) on November 14 after numerous months of not building claims of Russian territorial gains. As ISW assessed on November 13, Russian forces will probable recommit troops to Donetsk Oblast just after leaving the right financial institution of Kherson Oblast, which will possible direct to an intensification of functions close to Bakhmut, Donetsk City, and in western Donetsk Oblast. Russian forces will likely make gains in these parts in the coming times and months, but these gains are unlikely to be operationally important. The Russian MoD is possible creating additional concrete territorial statements in purchase to set information and facts disorders to body Russian successes in Donetsk Oblast and detract from discontent with regards to losses in Kherson Oblast.
Russian milbloggers seized on Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky’s November 14 go to to Kherson Metropolis to criticize Russian navy potential additional substantively than in preceding days all through the Russian withdrawal from the suitable financial institution of Kherson Oblast. Russian milbloggers mostly complained that Zelensky arrived in Kherson Town and was ready to transfer about with comparatively minor worry about Russian strikes in his vicinity and questioned why Russian forces did not launch strikes on Zelensky. One notable milblogger famous that this displays that Russia does not want to gain the war and criticized Russian forces for permitting Zelensky to move foot on “Russian territory.” Russian milbloggers have notably taken care of a rather muted response to the Russian reduction of the ideal financial institution in the previous times, as ISW has previously reported. The obvious change in rhetoric from relatively exculpatory language normally backing the withdrawal as a militarily audio determination to ire directed at Russian armed forces failures implies that Russian navy leadership will most likely be pressured to protected far more direct gains in Donetsk Oblast and other locations.
Wagner Group financier Yevgeniy Prigozhin continues to build himself as a highly impartial, Stalinist warlord in Russia, turning out to be a outstanding determine in just the nationalist professional-war neighborhood. Prigozhin commented on a Russian execution video clip of a reportedly exchanged Wagner prisoner of war, Yevgeniy Nuzhin, sarcastically supporting Nuzhin’s execution and denouncing him as a traitor to the Russian people today. Most resources observed that Wagner executed Nuzhin next a prisoner exchange on November 10, but a several claimed that Wagner kidnapped the serviceman by means of Prigozhin’s connections to the Russian Federal Protection Services (FSB) and the Russian Typical Team. Prigozhin claimed that Nuzhin planned his escape to free of charge Ukraine and made use of the possibility to review Nuzhin to Russian elites who disregard the interests of the Russian folks and fly away from Russia‘s challenges in their personalized business enterprise jets. The Russian nationalist community overwhelmingly welcomed the community punishment of the supposed deserter, noting that the Wagner command is endeavor ideal army actions to self-discipline its forces. Some milbloggers even in comparison the execution to Joseph Stalin’s “heroic” execution of Russian Marxist innovative Leon Trotsky who had also fled Bolshevik Russia, further confirming Prigozhin’s attractiveness amongst the proponents of Stalin’s repressive legacy. Prigozhin is getting steps that will resonate with a constituency fascinated in the ideology of Russia’s countrywide superiority, Soviet brutalist energy, and distasteful of the Kremlin’s corruption, which Russian President Vladimir Putin has employed as a political drive in the course of his reign.
Prigozhin is steadily using his participation in the Russian invasion of Ukraine to consolidate his influence in Russia. One milblogger voiced a problem that the integration of Wagner mercenaries into Russian society is “the destruction of even the illusion of legality and respect for rights in Putin’s Russian Federation.” The milblogger extra that Prigozhin is seizing the initiative to develop Wagner’s energy in St. Petersburg when Russian protection forces are “asleep.” Such thoughts are not popular between Russian nationalists but emphasize some concerns with Prigozhin’s quick enlargement amid the Russian “special military operation” and its implications on the Putin routine. Prigozhin, for case in point, has requested that the FSB Normal Prosecutor’s office environment examine St. Petersburg Governor Alexander Beglov for large treason immediately after St. Petersburg officials denied a construction allow for his Wagner Heart in the city. He had also publicly scoffed at the Russian paperwork when asked if his forces will educate at Russian education grounds, probably to more assert the independence of his forces. Prigozhin’s unhinged antics in the political sphere are unprecedented in Putin’s routine.
See the whole report right here.
The post ISW Russian Offensive Campaign Assessment, November 14 – Kyiv Post appeared first on Ukraine Intelligence.